There’s no place like San Diego when it comes to food and drink. The city is teeming with great bars and restaurants, and there’s something to suit every taste. Whether you’re looking for a casual spot to grab a beer or a trendy eatery for dinner, you’ll find it all in San Diego.
To help you navigate the wealth of options, we’ve put together a guide to the best bars and restaurants in San Diego. From downtown hot spots to beachfront cafes, we’ve got you covered. So read on for our top picks, and get ready to explore the culinary scene in America’s Finest City.
Downtown San Diego is home to some of the best bars and restaurants in the city. If you’re looking for a chic spot for dinner or drinks, check out one of the following downtown hotspots:
- La Bonne Table: This French bistro is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. The menu features classic French dishes with a modern twist, and the wine list is impressive. La Bonne Table is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
- The Grant Grill: Located in the historic U.S. Grant Hotel, The Grant Grill is an upscale bar and restaurant that serves American fare with a California twist. The beautiful setting makes it a popular spot for happy hour or a pre-dinner drink.
- Craft & Commerce: This industrial-chic eatery is known for its inventive cocktails and seasonal menu. The food is fresh and flavorful, and the atmosphere is lively but not too loud. Craft & Commerce is a great place to meet up with friends for drinks or dinner.
If you’re looking for a more casual spot to grab a drink or bite to eat, check out one of these downtown bars:
- The Hopping Pig: This gastropub is perfect for beer lovers. The Hopping Pig has an extensive list of craft beers, as well as a menu of delicious pub grub. It’s a great place to watch the game or just hang out with friends.
- Tiger!Tiger!: This hip bar is known for its creative cocktails and laid-back vibe. Tiger!Tiger! also has a great selection of beer and wine, and the food menu features small plates perfect for sharing.
- Neighborhood: This cozy bar is a popular spot for after-work drinks or happy hour. The bartenders are knowledgeable and make great cocktails, and the bar serves up a rotating selection of craft beers.
If you’re looking for a great meal with a view, head to one of these waterfront restaurants:
- Island prime: This upscale seafood spot overlooks beautiful San Diego Bay. The menu features fresh fish and shellfish, as well as steak and poultry dishes. And the views from the patio are simply stunning.
- Bali Hai: This Polynesian-themed restaurant is located on Shelter Island. The thatched-roof dining room is reminiscent of a tropical hut, and the menu features classic Polynesian dishes like Hawaiian poke and Tahitian Chicken.
- The Fish Market: This popular seafood spot overlooks San Diego Bay. The menu features fresh fish and shellfish, as well as sushi and sashimi. And the views of the water are simply beautiful.
- San Diego’s beach towns are home to some great bars and restaurants, too. If you’re looking for a casual spot to grab a bite or drink, check out one of these beachfront spots:
- The Shack: This laid-back bar is located right on the sand in Pacific Beach. It’s the perfect place to relax with a cold beer or cocktail and enjoy the incredible views.
- The Promiscuous Fork: This trendy eatery is located in the heart of La Jolla. The menu features fresh, seasonal dishes with a Californian twist. And the patio is the perfect spot to enjoy the stunning ocean views.
- The Crow Bar: This hip bar is located in the Gaslamp Quarter. The eclectic decor includes vintage furniture and local art, and the menu features American comfort food with a twist. The Crow Bar is a great place to meet up with friends for drinks or dinner.
Now that you know where to find the best bars and restaurants in San Diego, it’s time to start exploring! So grab a friend and head to one of these great spots for a bite or a drink. Cheers!